Accidental Deaths Grow Among African Americans
All six of Prince’s siblings have joined together to sue personnel at an Illinois hospital that treated the music superstar after he suffered from an opioid overdose a week before his death. The family has also named Walgreens pharmacy in its wrongful death suit.
Prince didn’t know he was taking fentanyl, a painkiller 30-50 times stronger than heroin, at the time of his death. Still, citing a lack of evidence, Carver County (Minn.) Attorney Mark Metz announced in a news conference on Thursday that there will be no criminal charges filed in relation to Prince’s overdose death.
As the opioid epidemic continues to wreak havoc on the nation, we are sad to say that it looks like singer Prince is one of the fallen.
The opioid crisis has dominated headlines and political conversations as the number of overdose deaths and addicts has risen dramatically in recent years. But a new study finds that the opioid epidemic, which has affected mostly white Americans, is just one part of the growing U.S. drug crisis. The report reveals that…
On Monday, court documents became public involving the death of Prince. The unsealed documents showed that the medications found in the singer’s home were not prescribed to him. Bottles of opioid painkillers found in the home were prescribed to Prince’s friend and former drummer Kirk Johnson, according to CNN.